What to Expect at Nowhere Developers Conference 2018
The Nowhere Developers Conference is approaching quickly! Mark your calendars for March 15 as a day to remember. As an attendee, here's what you can expect. (Haven't gotten your ticket yet? Click here to purchase.)
We've got a full lineup of development and tech heavy-hitters from companies including: Google, Mozilla, AngelHack, Mailchimp, LinkedIn, Walmart, and more.
There will be a few different types of speaking engagements:
1. Featured speakers: These talks will be presented to the entire conference for 30-40 minutes. These will all take place in Record North. Featured speakers include:
- Jonas Meyer (Google),
- Greg Tatum (Mozilla),
- Sabeen Ali (AngelHack),
- Pam Fisher and Jeff Parker (Walmart),
- Dr. Michael Gashler (University of Arkansas),
- and David Max (LinkedIn).
2. Expert sessions: These sessions are designed to be more of a workshop setting, allowing for smaller group learning. Expert sessions will be led by: Chris Moon (Google), Stephen Ashmore and Luke Godfrey (SupplyPike), and Wil Stuckey (Mailchimp).
3. NWA Tech Panel: This panel will feature local tech leaders from NWA-based companies like J.B. Hunt, Supergiant, and SupplyPike talking about our region's growing tech ecosystem and how you can be a part of it.
Food + Drink
Breakfast will be served by Juice Palm, a new health food bar located in Fayetteville.
Lunch will be served by Whole Hog Cafe, featuring meat and vegetarian options, with all kinds of classic BBQ sides.
Coffee from Onyx Coffee Lab, tea, and water will be available in Record North throughout the day.
Still hungry after the conference? Head to our after-party for some Yeyo's Mexican Grill!
The day doesn't end at the conference! Our friends at Meteor Guitar Gallery, located just down the street from Record, are opening their newly-renovated venue to us for an incredible after-party from 5-7pm. The party, brought to you by SupplyPike and Tightrope Ventures, will feature tacos and fixings from Yeyo's Mexican Truck, drinks (alcoholic and nonalcoholic), music, arcade games, shuffleboard, and a photo booth.
An after-after-party will also be going on at Meteor Guitar Gallery from 7-10pm!
Join our conference Slack channel to be a part of the conversation!
Follow and use our hashtag #NWD2018 throughout the event on your social channels. We'll re-share some of our favorites!
If you're unable to attend the day of, some of our featured speaker talks will be available to watch via live stream on our YouTube channel.
Be sure to look out for Part 2 of "What to Expect" on our blog next week where we'll include all the logistics for the day of, including where to get your badges, where to park, etc.